- Catholic Education has existed in Alberta for 158 years.
- The Constitution Act of 1867 established the roots of Alberta's publicly funded separate schools.
- In 1905 (when the province of Alberta was established) section 17 of the Alberta Act provided full rights for separate schools whether the minority faith was Catholic or Protestant.
- In 1958 the Alberta Catholic Schools Trustees Association was formed withe purpose of uniting Catholic School trustees across Alberta.
- In 1988 the Alberta School Act reaffirmed Catholic school rights.
- The mission vision values and behaviours of Catholic Schools are founded in Gospel Values and lived intentionally.
- Catholic schools are committed to academic excellence.
- Catholic Schools are unique and distinct.